Tuesday, October 13

Five Days of Fowl Feast

Yup, 5 days. Let's just get to the nitty gritty of the story cuz I've rated all 5 experiences right here... After all, I'm not Eman The Wingman if I didn't talk about the wings!

Wednesday, Oct. 07
Location: Shannon's Irish Pub & Eatery
The Deal: $10 will get you one pound of wings and a glass of Mooesehead, no substitutes with the beer -- I know...
The Verdict: I would rate these almost-warm, near tasteless wings a 2 out of 5 *'s. This was my first time at Shannon's and my rule is always never judge a place on the first try. Allow them room for error. It's kinda like the principle "Never judge a book by its cover." But since this was my first time and they must be rated, then I'll give them a ** out ***** for now and leave it at that until next time. For now, I haven't closed the book on Shannon's. Actually, this was also probably because the local talent, J. Williamez, kept me entertained during my stay.

Thursday, Oct. 08
Location: Movado Sports Bar & Grill
The Deal: 39cents per wing with minimum 10 wings per order per flavour
The Verdict: **** out of 5. Movado wings could always be depended on to be hot and fresh and rarely do the girls mess up on your order. The flavour is exactly as it's stated, no surprises. They lose a * for service as it usually takes flagging your waitress (which they hate) to get their attention. Sorry, next time I won't use my shirt as a flag to get you to refill my Diet Coke. Hehe, jk, I didn't take my shirt off nor do I drink Diet Coke.

Friday, Oct. 09
Location: Mitzi's Chicken Finger Restaurant
The Deal: $8.99 will get you the 5-piece chicken finger meal with fries, coleslaw, and spectacular mayo-dill sauce. And yes, consommé to start.
The Verdict: Don't judge me! I realize I was just here 8 days ago... For me, it's not a treat; it's a way of life. Haha, plus 8 days later is like 6 mos in the restaurant industry since we always have to eat.
Ok, so the verdict... Remember how we say always give a restaurant room for error? Room to screw up? Well, this place always produces the best chicken fingers. I could care less about the fries and the coleslaw. The place is called Mitzi's Chicken Finger Restaurant, not Mitzi's Fry (or Coleslaw) Restaurant! Haha.
I'll give em **** and a half out of 5 :)

Saturday, Oct. 10
Location: 792 Garfield St.
The Deal: Ok, this is one of two turkey dinners... My buddy cooked a 20-lbs. turkey for me and 11 other people. Cooked with salt, pepper, and butter, the product was turkey perfection! Not bad for a first time for my buddy! The meat was flavourful though the breast and other white meat were in the verge of drying out. Still good.
The Verdict: I'd give it *** and a half out of 5. The half was only because my buddy has three (unsharpened) Samurai swords hanging on his wall and is not afraid to use em -- we made him cut his cake with one on his birthday. That was hilarious!

Sunday, Oct. 11
Location: 18 Cutler Bay
The Deal: Family, food, and fun. Enough said.
The Verdict: I always kinda get sentimental when my family gets together. I'm not sure if it's because of seeing all my cousins, aunts, uncles, and my 91 year-old grandma all get together under one roof or because there's so much food. I can never tell. My uncle makes all the difference I think. He is English and married my Filipina aunt so in our family, he is turkey king. I appreciate him regardless.
So that said, I give this fowl experience ***** out of 5. Highly likable because I didn't overdose on the tryptophan in the turkey this year! Hehe.
(Tryptophan is the amino acid found in turkey that causes you to feel sleepy.)

Thanksgiving Day wasn't really one of my favourite holidays but this year proved that overeating wasn't as scary as I thought! Haha, jk... maybe next blog I could talk about ice cream cuz I had 3 types of ice cream on apple pie this weekend. Yup, pies and ice cream... next blog topic fo sho!

3 comments:

  1. Based upon this blog entry, you have single handedly made me want to visit Mitzi's. I want to read your pending personality profile after it's done, because I'm sure it will attest to the love that goes into every chickeny tendril.

    Sorry, next time I won't use my shirt as a flag to get you to refill my Diet Coke.

    You lie, sir. It was a Dr. Pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the interview either Tiffany!

    Somewhere hidden in my set of questions to ask Ms. Eng is finding out what her secret recipe is! lol, will see if she catches on...

    And you're right about the Dr. Pepper... Diet Coke totally does not go with pineapple-curry wings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Eman, great concept for a blog. Who doesn't like chicken? RE: Mitzi's - yes, the best chicken fingers in town. It took me a long time to actually make the trek there, and then I wondered why it had taken me so long. Readers - get to Mitzi's! - just leave some fingers for me!

    ReplyDelete