Thursday, January 14

Chocolate / Tony Roma's wings

As the new year unfolds, we are bombarded with projects that have to be completed before the semester ends.

I'm super pumped for both the magazine project and my IPP proposal. The magazine project alone is enough to keep busy during this semester as there are a lot of things my group has to plan and think about. Even after planning and actually doing what we need to do, I'm sure there are many things we could re-do to make our magazine really, really cool and professional.

For our magazine topic, we chose chocolates. I remembered when our group was just in the brainstorming stage for a concept and the topic of chocolate was pitched. We collectively thought it wouldn't be such an interesting idea since chocolate has to do a lot about food. At the end of our brainstorming, when all possible ideas had been exhausted, we reverted back to the chocolate idea as a fail-safe topic and wrote it on our proposal. We actually prepared to get shot down by panel and had the topic of magazine for university students as our second choice. Luckily, the panel approved our first choice and our group couldn't be any happier!

The birth of Charlie, our magazine's name was on Jan. 12, in electronic publishing class when Jessica Cable and Berea Henderson pitched the idea to me. The name was actually initially thought of by Jessica a few days back but was sadly missed. Jon Braun a.k.a. JB a.k.a. The Man from Niverland reiterated the idea to the girls and it stuck the second time :) The final approval came from Brietta O'Leary who heard the pitch last. When all four editors were on board, Charlie was born. So actually, the official birth date should be Jan.13.

Since then, the editors and I have come up with so many story ideas for the magazine and can't wait to get at it! The many cool things that will happen in the next few weeks give me enough reason to jump out of bed every morning and live life to the fullest... ok, maybe not that full... wings still do it for me.

So without further adieu, I leave you with some images of hope from my wing odyssey last night at Tony Roma's Pembina Hwy...


Asian Sesame - sweet Thai chili sauce w/sesame and flax seeds




Teriyaki - Tony Roma's in-house Teriyaki sauce w/sesame and flax seeds




Lemon Pepper - fresh lemon and pepper spice

5 comments:

  1. I love Tony Romas...I don't go there enough. Field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking Charlie's magazine fair booth will be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to plan for the charlie fair booth, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be the one hovering around the Charlie booth, keeping you all company (read: eating all your free samples).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berea - how many pounds of chocolate should we order for the fountain?

    Jenn - bring a straw.

    ReplyDelete