Friday, January 22

Taking a break from designing the news...

Today was a long day. Got home at 3:30am. My Thursday night was a long but was filled with thrill and excitement - I mean that.

As one of the production editors for the Projector, my job was to layout the news section of the paper and make sure the paper looked good. My job was pure aesthetics only. I had to make sure that all words aligned properly and that all picture and text boxes were perfectly put in place. This also included making sure that the entire page was filled up or at least lookes filled up with text. Laying out the news story with the pictures that came with them and the advertisements that must go in that particular page was like playing a puzzle. It was my job to make sure everything fit!

That being said, it was a good time laying it out. This issue was the last intern issue and we all had a blast doing it! I looked at it as a good way to practice what was yet coming for us in this semester. The magazine project was a big assignment and would involve a lot of layout and designing. In a way, the magazine project would be harder because there would be more pages to layout out and there was no clear cut way to design it. The Projector had grid lines and a specific layout structure that must be followed. We wouldn't have that on our magazine.

I am happy that Berea Henderson is part of my magazine group because "i've heard" that she is good in layout and plans to go into advertising. Jessica Cable and Brietta O'Leary are equally as great as, already, I am starting to see that their story ideas are super cool. I'm sure the decision of majoring in journalism will help them in their future careers. So to summarize, I think Charlie magazine has a well-rounded team of editors and I really can't wait until we have all our stories written, edited, and ready to go. The designing and laying out of it will be the cherry to the icing! lol.

I will leave you with some images I've seen today starting with what Berea had for lunch. Man, was I jealous! hehe.


She brought her own BBQ chicken wings! And she didn't even offer! :) But that's ok, what's a wingman to do??!?!?!?




Well, go for wings, of course!

Though I planned to try a new place this week, I ended up at a local hotspot. My justification? = easy to get to, no wait times, consistently good service, and amazing wings ALL THE TIME! Movado's Polo Park is attached to Perkins Family Restaurant and Bakery - grab some wings today! (No, I am not affiliated with these companies, food just excites me.)







upper left corner: salt & pepper
lower left corner: BBQ
right: pineapple curry





left: hot-honey (combination of hot sauce and honey garlic sauces)
right: salt & pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment