Thursday, September 10

Kicker

A mix of lemon pepper and cajun.  That's the feature tonight.

It's been a while since we last went to Smitty's on Ellice for wings.  I forget about the wing features and how clever the guys in the kitchen could be by mixing ready-made flavours with spices and call it the feature of the day.  Awesome!  Haha.

So tonight, I ordered the feature and my same choice of electric honey.  The order got to us quick - same time as we got our drinks.  Normally, of course, I'd order beer with it but since we all went out last night to Shannon's with all of Section 1, I ordered a Diet Coke instead.

The wings got to us quick - same time as our drinks.  That's what's good about Smitty's... you can expect the service to be quick.  There had been some nights when service had been slow and poor altogether but tonight was a good experience.

We were served by some girl named Faye.  I've never seen her before, then again it had been a while since we went there.  It's funny though how goin for wings at Smitty's Ellice has never changed.  I still see the same Smitty's regulars who frequent the place for some late night snacking.  It's sad really and even worse, I'm part of that crowd.  Haha.

Anyway, the feature was good and the electric honey was extra slimey tonight -- too much honey... or too much electric???  I don't know, it was good nevertheless.

7 comments:

  1. I'm a spice man myself, but Meghan is an electric honey person.... gotta love those cheap wings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You are doing wing reviews! I saw your old blog title on Melanie's blog and it broke my heart a little because I thought you might have just been playing around with me. :) That being said, I don't eat wings all that often, because they're so messy--but I may have to if I read a glowing enough review here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog focus.

    My favorites: the Murphy's Wings at Carlos and Murphy's. Mmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't eat wings often - meat still on the bone creeps me out a little. But my husband is a wing fiend, and Smitty's are at or near the top of his list (I think he does a combination of hot/sweet chili). I'm passing the link to your blog on to him, as I'm sure he'll be a regular reader!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why are wings cheaper in some cities than others? Take Calgary for example, you can get wings for 13 cents each! Here in Winnipeg, you can have wings for anywhere from 35 cents to 10 pcs. for 9.99! Even within a city, prices could vary so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of really cheap wings in Calgary... I'm guessing restaurants in Winnipeg still charge as much as they would like because there is demand for it. All restaurants know Winnipeg is known for its dinning so why not charge a little more???...
    Still, I really think paying 9.99 for 10 or 12 wings is the biggest rip. Never buy wings unless it's wing night is my advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. have you ever had skittle shots with chicken wings? i heard they are good.

    ReplyDelete