Sunday, September 20

poultry quality

hot, fresh, and prepared to order -- what else do you want?

I was amazed by the wings I got. I had to wait a few minutes before diving into the basket cuz the wings were fresh and steaming hot! And when I say fresh I don't mean dripping with oil it was cooked in; I mean the wings must have been cooked and seasoned just moments before they were served to me. Whenever this happens, I get really excited. It makes any wing-lovers dining experience extra special and I'm sure a lot of people would agree. For me, the feeling is more of as if they knew I was coming and the cooks stood by; waiting for me to put my order through and prepared my wings as soon as they got the order. Sounds cheesy I know but what can I say? I'm a sentimental kinda guy lol.

Try the teriyaki... you won't regret it. I normally stay away from teriyaki wings unless I know the teriyaki was hand-prepared by an old woman in her Japanese house making the sauce with authentic ingredients from her backyard. I'm kinda picky. Nevertheless, Tony Romas' teriyaki sauce is a good substitute. They don't use the regular gooey stuff you get from Superstore. Instead, they have a special teriyaki sauce they apparently make in-house. I thought that was cool but the wings will speak for itself -- the sauce is not sticky and it doesn't overcoat the wings (or your face for that matter!) when you nibble on them. The flavour is very oriental; with the touch of soy and subtlety of what I think is ginger. Who knows?! All I know is that this is the only place I'd go for teriyaki wings.

Bottom line is that their wings are top-notch quality (and the service too) that I'd ask them to cater my wedding! Soup, salad, or chicken wings ma'am???


2 comments:

  1. I’m glad that of the three Tony Roma’s in the city, you went to the Pembina location. Mostly because it’s the one I work at, but also because I find that their food tastes the yummiest! Regarding the teriyaki sauce used for the wings, I can confirm that the kitchen does make the sauce from scratch, as they do for mostly all of their sauces and such. Since you are the expert wingman, I’m pleased to hear that the service and the food were all good! Oh and that’s an awesome photo of a veteran teriyaki sauce maker!

    ReplyDelete